Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/netaporter
The denim-on-denim look is all the rage right now and mastering this trend calls for a little bit of attention. What once was a major fashion faux pas has become an epitome of a casual, bold and fashion-forward sense of style. So, ladies, let us help you out in this one with some tips that will certainly be worth taking into consideration!
- First, start by choosing similar denim washes, especially if you are short. Besides helping in the creation of a cohesive look, this will elongate your silhouette.
- Keep an eye on proportions. If you’re opting for loose-fitting jeans, pair them with a cropped denim jacket and keep the longer styles for a look featuring denim shorts or skinny pants.
- If you’d like to stay on the safe side and steer away from separates, a denim dress or jumpsuit are fun and bold choices as well.
- Add a pop of color to your denim look by pairing your jacket and bottoms with a colored t-shirt. Any color – literally – goes really well with denim so, feel free to choose one that keeps up with the statement look you’d like to achieve. Think red, fuchsia or any other bold hue.
- Finally, when it comes to accessorizing, you can either go with simple accessories such as a watch and some jewelry, or be a fashion risk-taker and opt for denim shoes, a denim bag or a denim hat to triple this fabric’s charm.
Article Written by Mirella Haddad