Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/guerlain
Pulling off a sparkling look can be a tricky task. Well, you want the sparkle without the risk of looking like a disco ball – and that’s something we could all agree on! So, ladies, here are our tips to add the right amount to your makeup in order to mark this mission as successful.
- Choose one area of your face on which you can apply a sparkling product. It could be your eyes, cheeks or lips.
- Balance is key when it comes to achieving a sparkling look. So, pair your sparkling area with a matte look. This will not only help you succeed, but it will also make the sparkle pop even more without leading to an exaggerated look.
- If the sparkling product you choose to apply is sheer, you can go for any color you’d like. However, if it’s dense, you need to make sure it fits your skin tone.
- Some may not be ready to go bold and we totally understand that, but a sparkling look can still be achievable. Choose a glittery eyeliner, apply it well and you’re good to go!
- When cheeks are the area you choose, glitter becomes a bit trickier. First, you need a good primer to be applied as a base, then you need to start with a small amount applied to your cheekbones and build it up as you go until your reach the desired result.
- Some may want to make their lips sparkle and there’s nothing wrong about that either as long as their pout is big. Glitter on small lips is not ideal, and neither are excessively oiled ones. So, before you start applying your products, make sure you scrub your lips, moisturize them and dry them from their excessive oil.
- Finally, glittery makeup needs a good setting spray. Well, we’re 100% sure that you don’t want the glitter to fall all over your clothes!
Article Written by Mirella Haddad